Baked salmon is possibly the easiest way to cook salmon that there is. With minimal preparation you can transform a simple salmon fillet into a delicious dinner.
This versatile recipe makes a great date night meal, or a simple dinner for yourself.
Baked Salmon Video
How to cook baked salmon fillets
Baked salmon is incredibly easy to cook. After picking some quality salmon fillets, simply place them on a sheet pan lined with foil or parchment paper. Pour the butter and seasoning mix over the salmon and place into a preheated oven.
How long to cook salmon fillets
The biggest danger in cooking salmon fillets is over-cooking them. A perfect salmon fillet with just be done and not dry. You should start checking your fillets at about 12 minutes. They should just be flaky.
Easy Baked Salmon Recipe
- 2 pounds Salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400° and make sure the rack is in the center of the oven.
- With a sharp knife, make about 4-5 slits in the salmon. Pat both sides of the salmon dry on both sides with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Place skin side down on the baking sheet.
- In a small pan over medium heat, combine butter, minced garlic, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and parsley. Stir for about a minute to combine and set aside to cool for ~5 minutes. Add the lemon juice.
- Brush the salmon with the butter mixture covering the salmon completely.
- Bake until cooked through and slightly flaky, about 10-15 minutes depending on thickness.