PNW cedar planked salmon fillet
Cedar planked salmon with Asian marinade
Simple planked salmon recipe for the oven that uses a simple Asian marinade to kick the flavor up a few notches.
- Cedar Plank
- 1 salmon fillet
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp mince garlic
- Soak cedar plank in warm water for 15 minutes hours to one hour
- Lay your salmon out and remove any pin bones
- In a shallow dish combine the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, and garlic. Place the salmon fillets in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to one hour turning a couple of times.
- Preheat the oven to 325°
Easy and very classically PNW recipe for salmon baked on a cedar plank in the oven with an Asian inspired marinade.