I love a simple, quick-to-make dish that feels way more complicated than it really is. This creamy lemon sauce salmon recipe fits that description exactly.
Ready in under 15 minutes, this creamy sauce makes a simple chunk of salmon feel like it came out of a high-end restaurant. Whether you are cooking to impress a date, or are just wanting a quick dinner dish that has some flavor to it, this salmon recipe is perfect!
Creamy Lemon Salmon
- 1 pound fresh salmon cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Fresh parsley to taste chopped
- Cut your salmon into 4 pieces. Sprinkle it with the garlic powder and season with salt & pepper. Dredge each piece in flour on all sides.
- Add the olive oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add the fish. Cook it for 3-4 minutes/side or until it’s nicely browned. Be careful not to overcook – the salmon shouldn’t be cooked fully yet. Remove salmon to a plate and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and Dijon mustard to the pan. Stir until mustard has dissolved, and let it bubble for a minute or two.
- Add the cream to the pan, along with the salmon. Let it cook for a few more minutes until the sauce has thickened a bit and the fish has cooked through.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving. Serve immediately.