Basic Toaster Oven Broiled Salmon Fillets
Almost verging on utilitarian, this basic broiled salmon is a great recipe for a fast main dish for one or two people. Good, fresh salmon needs very little in the way of seasoning and this recipe plays to that strength.
- 2 Salmon fillets ~1" thick
- sea salt to taste
- lemon juice
- Set the toaster oven to broil on high
- Put a sheet of foil on your pan, and coat with oil or cooking spray.
- Place the salmon fillets skin side down on the pan and sprinkle with salt.
- Put the salmon in the toaster oven and cook for ~10 minutes turning a little more than halfway through.
- Test for doneness, remove from the pan and plate with a slotted turner. Sprinkle with lemon juice and enjoy.
Your salmon should still look moist inside, but be easily flaked with a fork when done. Thicker or thinner salmon fillets may need more or less time under the broiler respectfully. Additionally, depending on your toaster oven, you may need to crack the door open a little to trick the thermostat into keeping the element on while your salmon is cooking.